This position reports into the Technical Leader/ Development Manager at Mobileum and would be responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of small to medium complex components of the Roaming and Local Big Data Analytics products.
- Development of data building blocks in the Big Data platform for Roaming & Local Analytics by integrating all types of data within the company using Hadoop technologies. To start with, Forecasting has been identified as the first building block in the data analysis layer.
- Develop highly reliable, scalable, extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant database system
- Develop scalable solutions that go into real products/platform which has a larger impact in setting precedence to building block which gets developed later on
- Help in finding out the capabilities of the product-any research that needs to be done before starting software design.
- Help in designing the product
- Provide input on the time needed to complete an assignment
- Prepare unit test plans
- Develop and test a deliverable thoroughly
- Assist other members of the team
- Participate in code review
B.E. / B.Tech., M.E./M. Tech. or M. Sc. in Computer Science / Electronics Engineering / MCA
- Hands on experience in object oriented development using Java on UNIX/Linux platform.
- Experience in analyzing text, logs, streams with emerging Hadoop-based big data technologies.
- Proficiency in Hadoop MR, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Sqoop.
- Hadoop Job performance monitoring / tuning with available tools.
- Exposure to conventional relational database like Oracle & MySQL and NoSQL databases.
- Hadoop administration experience desirable, but not mandatory
- Exposure to machine learning tools desirable, but not mandatory
4 to 8 years’ experience in development. Product development experience is desirable
Compensation – based on experience and background