This position reports into the V.P. of Product Management at Mobileum and would be responsible for managing the evolution of Mobileum’s roaming solutions, through next generation technologies, industry trends, customer needs as well as the evolution of the platform’s own core components. This product manager needs to see the product through the product’s entire life-cycle, starting from the definition and specification phase through delivery to field, followed by subsequent release engineering, with an aim to achieving the product’s (and the company’s) sales targets.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Provide the vision for the product evolution as well as innovate new products/solutions
- Connect with the field teams and the other application product managers on a regular basis to collect input on new features and their prioritization
- Functional specification (Product Requirements Document)
- Coordinate with Architecture, Engineering and QE to complete and freeze doc with a sign-off
- Coordinate with CTO/Field to ensure that all features that are committed are being included in the FS
- Review all test plans and cases to ensure coverage of requirements
- Product documentation (User Guides, etc.) – guidelines for content, structure, etc.
- Maintain and provide a release-wise product feature list to – Engineering, QE and Marketing Manager
- Owns, Builds and Maintains the platform’s roadmap in accordance with prioritization of feature build outs in accordance with market requirements, customer demands and revenue demands (PSO)
- Responsible for release planning as a derivative of the product roadmap
- Field provisioning and training – detailed product training for Field personnel
- Report product stability status every month based on information for deployed products
- Tracking of issues in critical accounts – coordinating with other departments in case of any product level dependencies
- Revenue assurance through diligent identification, delivery and closure of all product dependencies for every quarter.
- Act as the primary interface point to Customers, the Field and CTO organizations in validating new solution/product ideas, evolutions, customer requirements
- Market and competitive analysis – captured in an MRD document for all new products
- Collaterals – Maintain product description, PPT, price/business docs document with every release
- Presales and Marketing support – event staffing, customer calls, etc.
- Field provisioning and training
- Regular global conference calls
- Sales training meets
- Business case templates for products and features (where applicable)
- Interface with Product Lifecycle Management, Field and CTO to identify and highlight one-off, customer specific solution engineering requirements.
- Perform regular product SWOT analysis based on Win/Loss feedback from Sales on opportunities
- Review profitability and pricing sheets and flag deviations to Customer Satisfaction manager
- Attend various forums to understand the industry and technology evolution
- Build and nurture an ecosystem of strategic partners that can add value
- Ensure self-awareness, compliance, improvement and expected competence enhancement, to meet/enhance Information Security Management System requirements of Mobileum and its stakeholders
- Ensure protection, preservation and demonstrate accountability towards Mobileum and its stakeholders’ information assets and their appropriate usage only for the benefit and achievement of assigned project/function specific goals.
- Technical degree in Computer Science from a top-tier institute
- MBA/MS from a reputed institute would be a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of success in driving the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch and post-launch evaluation and improvement
- Extensive experience with managing teams of product managers and information architects with varying levels of seniority
- Experience of developing/managing products in mobile telecom domain of 3G/4G/M-IoT using protocols like MAP, CAMEL, DIAMETER, GTP technologies is a must.
- Technology orientation and ability to keep up with new technologies and industry developments
- Strong Product Management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Analytical skills and attitude for problem solving
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Decision Making
- Time Management. Ability to handle pressure and providing timely delivery
- Experience ranging from 10-12 years with 5 – 6 years of Product management experience
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated CV.