This position reports into the Senior Technical Lead - Support at Mobileum and would be responsible for Technical Lead a team of Managed Services Operations processes and ensuring smooth operations in delivering high quality support services to Mobileum’s customers for the deployed products and solutions as per the agreed SLA with the customer.
Support and provide technical lead to the team on:
- Server administration and troubleshooting on full OSI layer stack
- Build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates
- Networking, Storage and Server level administration
- Executes business processes (e.g., service level agreements, handoff from engineering to operations, support requests)
- Monitor servers and application. Configuration of SNMP/SSH monitoring applications and log parsing tools
- Implement procedures in support of data security needs related to data processing.
- Manage data processing and escalates, when necessary, resources are not likely to be available in time to complete processing.
- Understand and execute application data processing and business processes. This includes (but is not limited to) activities such as:
- Monitor data feeds from customers
- Data processing, loading, archiving, etc
- Provide first level support for operations issues
- Write scripts in Perl and bash to automate operations Participate in the development, review and implementation of product upgrade/patch and installation processes.
- Conduct technical training for team members, operations staff, and Customers (where required) on our products & product upgrades.
- Provide onsite troubleshooting when necessary and appropriate.
Critical Operations Classification: The position is vital to Mobileum’s business continuity and therefore the individual may be required to participate in an on-call rotation schedule for nights/weekends to meet service objectives and systems availability requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To join our team, YOU must HAVE:
- Completed Computer Science degree or equivalent technical degree
- Several years relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of RAID
- Background / Experience on Revenue Assurance and / or Fraud Prevention solutions
- Technical know-how on Telecom network systems as for example: MSC, SMSC, GGSN, Billing, Intelligent Network (IN), Mediation, Roaming TAP files
- Ability to build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates
- Sound understanding of Centos/RedHat 6.X and higher
- Understanding of Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of SQL and RDMS utilities
- UNIX (Solaris/Linux) and shell/Perl scripting
- Java application deployment and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge in using monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios)
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent English language skills
And YOU must BE:
- Well-structured and self-driven with strong communication-, presentation- and analytical skills
- Able to handle difficulties and pressure situations with self-discipline
- Taking initiative in trying new ideas to solve problems
- Willing to accept additional responsibilities
If you feel that you've got what it takes to work with us and want to join a young and dynamic team, apply now with your updated CV, details about your motivation, your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date at Careers.firstname.lastname@example.org