Responsible for execution of Managed Services Operations processes to fulfill delivery obligations to clients. Ensures all client SLAs are completed on time.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following prioritized and categorized duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Department Goals, Strategies, and Procedures
- Follows and supports department procedures and company policies
- Understands and supports the Company, Mission, Vision and Business Attributes
- Establishes personal goals to improve personal and department performance
- Plays a role in the execution of company goals that when achieved will accumulate in the fulfillment of the Company Vision
Duties and Responsibilities
- Server administration and troubleshooting on full OSI layer stack
- Build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates
- Networking, Storage and Server level administration
- Executes business processes (e.g. service level agreements, handoff from engineering to operations, support requests)
- Monitors servers and application. Configuration of SNMP/SSH monitoring applications and log parsing tools
- Implements procedures in support of data security needs related to data processing.
- Manages data processing and escalates when necessary resources are not likely to be available in time to complete processing.
- Understands and executes application data processing and business processes. This includes (but is not limited to) activities such as:
- Monitor data feeds from customers
- Data processing, loading, archiving, etc
- Provide first level support for operations issues
- Writes scripts in Perl and bash to automate operations
- Availability to Work after work hours and weekends as needed.
Critical Operations Classification: The position is vital to Mobileum’s business continuity and therefore the individual may be required to participate in an on-call rotation schedule for nights/weekends in order to meet service objectives and systems availability requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates
- Sound understanding of Centos/RedHat 5.X and higher
- Understanding of Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of SQL and RDMS utilities
- Java application deployment and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge in using monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios)
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence
- Self-driven with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must have strong attention to detail
- Dependable, professional demeanor
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Computer Science degree or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in Linux environment with at least 30+ servers, storage, network switches.
- Background / Experience on Revenue Assurance and / or Fraud Prevention solutions
- Experience with SNMP/SSH/log monitoring applications
- Experience with a 25+ server Linux environment (preferably RHEL or CentOS) including but not limited to Network protocols and services, central authentication protocols and block/file level storage. Experience with Perl, and shell scripting in a UNIX or Linux environment
- Experience working in Oracle and/or PosgreSQLS database environments
- Experience on Hadoop clusters
- Plan a Hadoop deployment, from hardware and OS selection to network requirements
- Learn setup and configuration details with a list of critical properties
- Get a runbook of the most common cluster maintenance tasks
- Monitor Hadoop clusters—and learn troubleshooting with the help of real-world war stories
- Some experience with ETL platforms preferred but not required
- Some software development experience desired but not required
- Good working relationship with employees at all level, clients and outside vendors
- Must be willing to help others and enthusiastic about work assignments.
- Adjusts to job changes and grasps new ideas in the work environment
- Handle difficulties and pressure situations with self-discipline
- Prompt and regular in attendance
- Work hours necessary to complete assignments
- Conforms to company policies
- Taking initiative in trying new ideas to solve problems
- Willing to accept additional responsibilities
- Increases knowledge though classes, seminars and continuing education
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Join our team and:
- Work remotely (up to 70%) or in our premises
- Enter a team with awesome colleagues
- Benefit from learning and growth opportunities
- Work with leaders who challenge and nurture you
Do you have what it takes?
APPLY NOW via linkedin or send us your CV and cover letter at Careers.Portugal@Mobileum.com!